Good company and good food makes for a great day! When we have people over, I always like to start by having a small variety of things people can munch on right away, before the main meal is finished. Get the eating started, the wine flowing and the conversation going.
One of our newer favorites on the snacking table is a smoky brie dip that we serve with some of our favorite crackers. This is one of Vito’s specialties that he always just throws together in no time. I never remember to stop him before it’s mixed up to have him measure it all out.
A few weeks ago we were having a house full of people, and this smoky brie dip was on the menu. This time we paused for a moment and wrote down the measurements so I could share with you how we make this delightful dip.
Is your appetizer table for Thanksgiving a little light? Might this dip find a spot there?
- ½ lb brie, peeled (this is the weight to buy from the store)
- ½ lb cream cheese
- 4 oz smoked almonds
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Put almonds in the food processor and whiz until powdered.
- Add cream cheese and give it a whirl.
- Add brie, salt, and pepper. Turn food processor on until well mixed - you may need to scrape down the sides.
- Taste and re-season if needed.
- Serve at room temperature.